Berger gum print method

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/12/03-01:02:22 PM Z

     For those of you interested, since there is no way of posting an image
to this list (short of getting my website running) I posted a gum print a la
Berger method to the BS web board (URL below, have to sign on). You can see
one of my attempts at this process which is to
coat/expose/coat/expose/coat/expose and then do one final development.
Christian Nze was the first to post about it--a friend/associate of
Berger's. I have ordered Berger's book from France and if you read French
you can too. See info below. Until I receive it, which I haven't yet, I've
been playing around with the idea which holds mega promise. Anyone else
already do this, or already hear about such a way of gum printing before
Berger? I have not read about it in any of the out of print books I have
from the early part of last century...it is not a subtle print because I
have been using heavy pigment in my layers--6g/12ml. I showed work to
students yesterday and they were mistakenly under the impression that the
process would ruin the subtlety of gum printing, which of course, it
wouldn't at all if you used less pigmentation.
Chris
Web board: http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/

(Christian, I hope this is OK to mention here):
Book available: jimenez.ph@wanadoo.fr
Christina,
Il ne faut pas payer en dollas (not dollar) mais en EURO ( 60 Euro =Europe
Monney) seulement avec un mandat international à mon adresse
Philippe Berger
19, Rue du Grand Pré
B-4170 Comblain-au-Pont
Belgique
Dès que le paiement est effectué
Peux tu m'envoyer ton adresse pour envoyer le livre
Amitié
Philippe