Re: Paper for Gum Printing

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/12/03-04:35:07 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> I think part of the confusion arising now is because only one of the
> "heavyweights" is BFK. The other is plain Rives heavyweight and, if
> memory serves, it's actually *lighter* than BFK (tho heavier than the
> lightweight). Again, that's Rives lightweight, not Rives BFK lightweight

Actually, what I see arising now is clarity, not confusion. How many
years have people been referring to "Rives BFK" without realizing they
were talking about two different papers?

As to Rives Heavyweight and Rives Lightweight getting confused with the
BFKs, this seems quite unlikely to me. Maybe I'm too inclined to give
people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think most people would
call a paper "BFK" unless "BFK" was actually part of the name of the
paper...
kt