Re: PermaJet OHP Transfer film (165 microns)

From: Alan Mynett (a.mynett@ntlworld.com)
Date: 04/16/03-01:07:47 AM Z

Hello JUAN,

> Does somebody know the material "PERMA JET OHP" transparency for printers of
> jet of ink to make negative digital?.
> What does he/she differ it can have with "PICTORICO OHP"?.

There appear to have been two PermaJet OHP transparency materials
available in the UK.

The original was (I believe) 100 microns thick. However, there is now
a material labelled OHP Transfer Film with a thickness of 165 microns
which uses ceramic technology - and which seems close to the
descriptions I have heard of Pictorico. A recent news item in the BJP
did say that Nova (linked to Permajet) would be importing Pictorico
into the UK. This must be it.

 I have tried a box (£14.40 for 10 sheets) of this new material and
 it has given me good (though preliminary) results with my Epson C80 for cyanotype and van dykes.

I have also had some success (also with the C80) with JetTec OHP film,
though it is very flexible compared to the PermaJet and rather
difficult to feed into the printer. It's a lot cheaper though!

--
Best wishes
 Alan