Re: Acrylic size (was Mixing a light pigment for gum)

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 04/16/03-01:40:45 PM Z

Jack,

I have used matte medium 1+3 and 1+7, both successfully. I have also tried
1+9. It works sometimes but not all the time, so I might be close to the
upper limit of dilution.

I haven't done much printing for a while. I am getting back to printing and
probably have to choose a paper and start my sizing test again. I think
different paper with different internal sizing might need different
dilution/coating.

When I started trying acrylic, I only had gloss medium with me, so I added
some cooked starch to the acrylic to make it matte, and that worked too.

Dave S