Re: Inkjet digital negatives

From: H. Lee Pratt (squnch@cox.net)
Date: 04/21/03-03:35:39 PM Z

Hello Nick,

Just a note to tell you that I'm getting great digital negs on
Pictorico OHP using PiezographyBW software along with Cone's quad black
inks, this on an "ancient" Epson Stylus Color 3000 (four-color) printer.

As many have pointed out, this OHP does scratch easily; and I think
probably Sandy's analysis of why this is so is valid. Handle with Care!

Lee

On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 10:59 AM, Nick Makris wrote:

> Sandy,
>
> You will recall that I'm still looking for the right combination of
> materials for digital negs - in my case, I am trying to use quad black
> inks
> and not the spectral density approach from 4/6 color inks. So, please
> don't
> misunderstand my question, but, are you now saying that negs produced
> on
> your setup with the 2000 are not as stable as I once inferred from a
> another
> story.
>
> Many thanks,

H. Lee Pratt