Re: Inkjet digital negatives

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 04/21/03-04:31:46 PM Z

Lee, We may be dealing in semantics here, since the term "easily" is
relative. My take on the issue is that you may be able to make a negative
from the setup you are talking about, but that after making one print, you
will probably find that there are imperfections that weren't present before.
In my own case, during test, I checked my resulting neg by simply (read that
very, very lightly) touching the neg with my index finger in a highlight
area of the image. I feel that if you find any abrasion as a result of the
finger touch, the combination of the ink & substrate is not useful. It
might be good to continue this discussion so that everyone can judge for
themselves and also, I would like to know how your negs hold up under a
similar test.

Many thanks......