Re: Some Vellum

From: Kerik (Kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/23/03-01:13:32 PM Z

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:07:12 +0000, <jeffbuck@swcp.com> wrote:

> I tried the Staedler awhile back and it was a complete mess of spots and
> other blemishes. Have you found variations in batches? ... Is this
> Clearprint in art stores, etc.? -jb

Yes, there are definitely variations between batches. The first Staedtler
that I bought printed absolutely clean. The next batch was more susceptible
to black spots, but only a real problem with very high key images. I think
Clay has a batch that is also printing clean for him.

Clearprint 1000H is also very common in art/graphics stores. The thicker
1020 is harder to find in stores, but I've found it online. I prefer the
1020 just because it handles a little easier. Prints on the 1000H and 1020
are very similar in other respects.

KK