Re: Satista

mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 04/24/03-09:15:54 AM Z

Nze,
The other difference between Satista and VDB is that the combination of
FAO and silver sensitizer (set the part of platinum aside) gives much
bigger silver particles, as evidenced by much darker brown-black colour,
which resists fixer bleaching. Maybe platinum plays part in that as well.
The combination of citrate/silver in VDB gives small silver particles,
easily bleached away in fixer. It is just a speculation on my part, not
having done any microscopy to confirm that.
Marek