Re: Satista

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/24/03-12:55:51 AM Z

Sandy,

I make only few kallitype compare to all the satista I made. Ialso
appreciate the process but I don't investigate it well, I just make fewprint
with diffrent developper.

Another thing with satista is that for a better feric clearing I first wash
the print water (no chlorine) , put it in a bath of edta 4na , wash and then
I go to the fix. This eliminate most of the ferric salt before fixing it in
the paper.

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

>From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: Satista
>Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:03:03 -0400
>
>Nze wrote:
>

>>SO comapre to the other s ferric silver salt process:
>>---it can give sevral color depending on the noble and additive in the
>>sensitizer
>>--- no nedd of toning
>>--- same timeing as zia, some say to dry completly the paper but this can
>>be avoid. THe paper need a good drying but just with cold air (10-15min)
>>in this case you 've got a nice printing out image which help to make
>>image whitout test. ( it also add the self masking effect and stand more
>>density)
>>
>>I hope That I am understanable.
>>

>What you wrote made sense to me. I would note just for the record that you
>can also get several colors, including split colors, with regular kallitype
>by adding a small amount of different metals directly to the sensitizer. I
>have speculated that this would serve the same purpose as toning but have
>so far not done any extensive testing of the concept.
>
>However, one big difference for sure between Satista and regular kallitype
>is the fact that you get a good print-out-image that can be used to judge
>exposure. The print-out is fairly faint with kallitype and is really not
>very useful for judging exposure, except for gross over or underexposure.
>
>Sandy

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en direct avec vos amis !
http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp