Re: Paper negatives with cyano/VDB

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 04/24/03-05:33:10 PM Z

I am not sure how much contrast control is possible with cyanotype
printing so I won't speak to that process.

With VDB a paper negative would be a very poor choice. VDB is a very
long scale process, around 7-8 stops (log exposure scale of 2.1 to
2.4), and about the most you can get out of a paper negative is a
density range of about 4 stops (log 1.2). You could print such a
negative in VDB but in practice the image would be unacceptably flat
at either the highlight or shadow end of the scale.

Sandy King