Re: Satista

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 04/25/03-02:37:53 AM Z

Sandy,

I'd tend to agree with you, and possibly even go a little further. When I
was playing with these processes I worked with a common ferric oxalate
sensitiser that could end up producing silver, platinum or mixed silver
platinum prints. I also made a gold print with it, though not as
successfully as I would have liked, and some of the platinums were
platinum/palladium mixtures.

Glycerine development was used for platinum papers, notably by Stieglitz,
so I don't think much is new there.

So I tend to classify about all of the iron oxalate based processes
together, not just kallitype and Satista.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/