Re: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 04/28/03-04:29:50 PM Z

Hi Clay, Carl, Kerik,

Thanks very much for the cost information. Actually the cost to make
a Pt/Pd of that size it is quite a bit less than I would have thought
so I still have my breath!! By what you say price would appear to
range from about $8-14. I will have to quite honestly say that is
less than half of what I would have expected.

Cost to do the same size for the platinum or palladium coated
kallitype, and this is based on the price of the B&S Platinum
Solution #3 or Palladium Solution #3, purchased in the 25ml bottles,
which are same price to me, would be about $3.50, not counting the
cost of the silver nitrate and ferric oxalate, which are minimal.
That is less than half of the lowest real Pt/Pd figure but still the
difference is not as much as I thought. Is some of the difference
due to the fact that you fellows are buying the palladum and platinum
in larger quantities? I see that there is a real price advantage to
buying the stuff in larger quantities and I am assuming that you
probably buy it that way?

Sandy