Re: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

From: Kerik (Kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/28/03-04:00:36 PM Z

Sandy,

You're looking at about $10 for the palladium and ferric to make a 20x24
print (assuming a single coat on a paper like Whatman's or Uno). I rarely
use platinum, and when I do it's in very small amounts that wouldn't add
more than $1 or $2 to the cost. I think that's a bargain considering the
ease of the process and the results.

Did that take your breath away? How much do you figure it costs to make a
similar platinum-toned kallitype? I know the cost of the silver is
negligible, but how much precious metal do you suck up in the toning
process?

Kerik