Re: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 04/28/03-04:57:48 PM Z

I've never made a 20x24 print of any kind, so I'm out of that discussion. I
do make 7x17s and I sure do notice the bucks going from bottle to paper.
Still, and this is due in major part to the stability/simplicity etc. of the
pt/pd process, in the case of the last two 7x17 negatives I printed, I only
needed two prints to make a good print (one times-of-exposure tester and one
more), and both the negatives were funny-looking, kind of hard-to-figure zone
plate negatives. Other thing: I am usually too lazy or impatient or
something to avail myself of this, but w/ the 7x17s I can often get a very
good idea of the correct exposure and contrast mixture by printing an 8x10
or so of a portion of the negative, a portion that shows both ends of the
density range. -jb