RE: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 04/29/03-08:45:18 AM Z

Cor wrote:

>Are you still using the developer single-shot in small amounts?

Recently I have been printing from digital negatives of just one
contrast so I have gone back to using the developer in one liter
bottles. However, if you have a lot of negatives of different density
range on hand I would recommend the single-shot approach because it
avoids having to keep on hand a large number of bottles of developer
to hand all of the contrast ranges one typically sees from in-camera
negatives.

>Do you have perhaps a nice table , like the one in PF8, but now for the
>amounts of dichromate in the oxalate/silver sensitiser?

I don't add the dichromate to the oxalate/silver nitrate sensitizer.
I add it directly to the developer. Adding it directly to the
sensitizer turned out to be much too tricky for me because even a
minute quantity of dichromate added to the sensitizer can have a huge
impact on the highlights.

Sandy