Re: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 04/29/03-03:39:26 PM Z

> There's also the fact that when some folks say "experiment," they don't
> mean just with a toner or developer. They mean with an image, a
> concept,
> a visual idea or an aesthetic. My feeling is that in whatever
> quantities
> you buy pt/pd, the cost is inhibiting to experiment.

I see your point. But it occurs to me that I may value my time even
more. I know I am much more reluctant to add "one more coat" of gum to
a print that is pretty much "there" if there is a danger of ruining the
whole thing than I am just guess-timating an initial platinum exposure
based on previous negatives and curves and the like.I guess I'm saying
that accumulated time investment may make one just as conservative and
risk-averse as financial investment might.

Clay