Re: Gum Pigments

CCBaggett@aol.com
Date: 08/03/03-04:20:16 PM Z

Judy,
       Yeah, with casein. I am essentially using Lukas Werth's procedure as
described in PFJ (don't remember the issue). I've been developing negatives
since I returned from Nantucket island. I'm sort of dreading printing again now.
I didn't know Createx wouldn't work ;-). I got the idea from some of Franklin
Enos' notes which Leonard Oppenheimer shared with me. Franklin had used some
dry pigment ground for use in air brushes. He sent some to Leonard which I now
have, but haven't used. I also have a couple of other dry pigments he shared
with Leonard. They are standard- W&N I think. I don't want to make a big deal
out of this. I just picked up on it and found Createx in my searches. I've
only used the burnt sienna and ultramarine blue to any extent. The carbon black
doesn't behave well for me. It gets gritty unless extremely thin, but then I
haven't done well with blacks in general.
Cheers,
Charlie