modification of 16-bits.

From: JUAN MIGUEL JUSDADO (jusdado@teleline.es)
Date: 08/03/03-02:59:46 PM Z

My camera Nikon 5700 use a format of 16-bits. With Photoshop an image in
16-bits it can hardly modify with curved, selections, etc. Dan Burkholder in
Madrid (Spain) I teach a trick that I have forgotten.
The trick was to convert the image at 8-bits, to modify it and later to
place it on the image of 16-bits., but I don't remember like it was made.
Can somebody tell me like that trick is made?.

Pardon for my English. - Text translated by computer