Re: Pyrocat-HD capacity question for Sandy

From: Manuel Gomes Teixeira (punctumgt@netvisao.pt)
Date: 08/05/03-04:58:58 PM Z

Sandy,

To be honest , I've never tried to test the maximum capacity of my Expert
drum.I'll try to do it tomorrow.

>From what you wrote about the volumes of developer you use at 2:2:100
to develop a sheet of 20x24 , I can deduce that 500ml for five 8x10's is
not enough or at least not the ideal amount.

So after all this time spend discovering the attributes of BPF200(to be
more precise I'm using Forte 200, that I assume is the same stuff) we can
conclude that is not suitable for scenes with sky or smooth surfaces ?

I'm now beginning my tests with FP4+ in 8x10 because my magic hour is
twilight and with BPF 200 or equivalent I'm not getting enough contrast for
PT/PD. That film "closes in itself" at low contrast scenes even at 2:2:100
at extra time, producing inconvenient B+F even when taking care of not
overexposing the shadows.

Thanks again .

Manuel