Re: Banding?

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/07/03-11:11:34 AM Z

Kerik,

I have never had even a hint of banding parallel to the long
dimension of the film, and that seems very odd since you would expect
banding not in this direction but at right angles to the long
dimension. (I assume you are loading Pictorico with the notch at the
upper right?).

If I look very carefully at a Pictorico negative with a loop of about
10X I can see slight indications of banding at right angles to the
long dimension of the film. This is absolutely invisible to the naked
eye, and one can not see any indication of it on the print, even on
inspection with a loop.

Have you tried printing the negatives, or is it obvious that the
banding you are experiencing is of a different level than what I
describe above. If it is indeed more severe I would recommend that
you run the cleaning cycles again, *and* clean the rollers with the
special tool for that purpose provided with the 2000P. I am fairly
certain that there are directions in the 2000P manual for cleaning
the rollers. If you don't have the tool I think that Q-tips could be
used about as effectively.

Sandy