Reciprocity Numbers for some Efke, J&C Films

From: Jeff Buckels (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 08/11/03-04:51:44 PM Z

Hello to the List…. J&C Photography has given me reciprocity numbers
for three of their films. See below. They indicated that they’d be
publishing these and other data on their website shortly….

Classic 200 (Factory Data):

To exposure of up to ½” – No adjustment
One second – Open 1.5 stops
Ten seconds – Open 3 stops
100 seconds – Open 4 stops

Efke 25 and 100 (Unspecified “testing” (not factory data)):

To exposure of up to 1/2” – No adjustment
One second – Open 1 stop
Ten seconds – Open 2 stops
100 seconds – Open 3 stops

I think this Classic 200 (and presumably the Classic 400) is good film
for us. Sandy posted some promising test results using Pyrocat-HD and I
will post results using WD2D as soon as I can get it done (week or so
hence). I can tell you that the stuff sure is packed carefully –
exactly like BFP 200 (w/ the black interleaving and the whole 9 yds.)
except for the outer box cover. The film has the same apparent
thickness as BFP 200, same notch, same color of unexposed film, same
residue in presoak tray, and basically the same claims (“throwback to
Super XX” or similar effect). Reasonable middling prices. I don’t
recall exactly, but approx. $85 for 25 sheets of 7x17.

JB