RE: Pt/PD Paper for Superior resolution

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 08/12/03-11:24:40 PM Z

Mark,

The only advantage to the Clearprint is that it's available in thicker
varieties than the Mars (Clearprint 1020 and 1025...)

Most of the vellums I've tried have been prone to black spots. Helix Vellum
was the worst. My batch of Mars is moderate... hard to use for images with
lots of high key areas. The Clearprint I have is the cleanest. Still I
usually have a few spots to etch out when the print is done. The good news
is that the vellums are fairly easy to etch and leave almost no evidence
behind.

Black spots are generally attibuted to metallic contamination (likely iron)
within the paper fibers.

Kerik