Clearprint vellum

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 08/13/03-05:56:27 AM Z

Kerik Kouklis wrote:

> Darryl,
>
> I believe that link goes to Clearprint 1000H, which works fine and is
> very similar to the Mars.

A tale, in which the joke is on me: A few months ago someone on the list
suggested ClearPrint vellum for inkjet negatives for gum. I was
skeptical, since I'd tried other vellums before and hadn't found them to
my liking. But when Kerik said that he printed platinum with clearprint
vellum and it worked beautifully, I said, okay, if Kerik is satisfied
with platinum prints from this vellum, it must be something extra
special.

So the next time I was in the city, I bought a couple pads of Clearprint
1000H, came home and made a couple of inkjet negatives. I was
disappointed to find that the clearprint was just like the other vellums
I'd tried and would not serve at all as a satisfactory substitute for
Pictorico, which had been my hope. I set aside the unopened pad of
11x17 to take back to the store, but what with one thing and another, I
didn't get back there before the 90 day return period expired. If
anyone wants to make me an offer for it, contact me off list.

Now, of course, I see that Kerik wasn't using the vellum to make inkjet
negatives to print platinum, as I'd assumed from his earlier comment; he
was printing platinum directly on vellum, a whole different thing. I
just totally misread his comment.
Katharine