Re: Clearprint vellum

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 08/13/03-11:39:10 AM Z

Well, I've made a heck of a lot of gum prints from LASER PRINTER PAPER
negatives and inkjet paper negatives, and I make no apology for them;
they were very nice prints. I certainly wasn't suggesting that inkjet
negatives on vellum wouldn't be great for many purposes, or that many
artists wouldn't find them quite satisfactory. I don't care for them
for my own present purposes, is ALL I was saying. Given the claims that
I thought had been made for the vellum, that one could print platinum
with it, I had hoped I could use it instead of Pictorico, which I don't
like because even a tiny drop of water ruins it and I live in a rainy
climate and have to go outside to get from my computer to the studio
where I print gum. But the vellum makes a softer gum print than the
Pictorico, and the tonal gradations aren't as subtle and smooth as with
the Pictorico; it's more like paper in that respect than like film. This
would be fine for lots of things, but doesn't work for what I've been
doing lately, is all I was saying.
kt