VDB & Selenium

From: Andrew Epstein (aiepstein@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/17/03-11:11:47 AM Z

Hi All:

I've been toning my VDB prints with selenium after developing and drying
them, per Wynn White's article on Unblinking Eye. I use a .002% solution
for 1 to 2 minutes. In the past, I read on this list and in Jill Enfield's
book that many prefer to tone before fixing. Beyond the pros and cons, can
anyone suggest a starting point for switching from the "after-tone" to the
"before-tone." For example, if I've been toning in the manner above for 1
minute, would I simply do the same while toning before fixing, assuming I'm
aiming for a similar result? Or should I modify some aspect of the procedure?

--Andrew Epstein