RE: new to the list

curzon@tegenlicht.com
Date: 08/25/03-01:20:22 PM Z

Hello Pablo,
I'm also new to these techniques, so I can't help you with this.
I can recommend a good book I bought: The Keepers of the Light, A History &
Working guide To Early Photographic Processes, by William Crawford,
published in 1979 by Morgan & Morgan, ISBN 87100-158-6
This book is supposed to be the standard for books on these sujects. I've
readquit a lot in this book and it is real good.

About the printer: before you start spending money on hardware, try it with
your printer first. I have followed several discussions on this topic and
found that a lot of the participants had good results on "old" or "simple"
printers.

And if you decide this is the way you want to go (after some experimenting)
you can still spend your money on a new printer.

Greetings from (an unexperienced) Bert from Holland, Europe