Archival qualities of Pictorico OHP film.

From: Julian Smart (julian@jsmart.fslife.co.uk)
Date: 08/28/03-04:33:03 PM Z

Hello All,

for the past two years I have been producing my gum negatives on Pictorico
film.
Prior to April this year I was printing on an Epson 1290, using standard
Epson cartridges. I recently had cause to examine some of my negs. and found
them to be faded beyond use. There is a marked colour shift towards the red
and a corresponding density decrease, making them now unuseable.

I have since changed over to (but not yet tested) Lyson Quad(hex?) black
inks. I hope these will be a little more stable and will give me a smoother,
more delicate neg than the Epson inks .

I would be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with this film,
particularly if anyone has returned to reprint a neg after several months
and produced a different result because of a faded neg.

I now have a 2100 (2200 in the States) but have yet to make any negs on this
as my gum printing season runs from September. Might I expect similar
results or will the pigment inks be naturally more archival on this
substrate?

Many thanks in advance,

Julian.