RE: Archival qualities of Pictorico OHP film.

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/29/03-07:08:29 AM Z

Dan Burkholder makes this point as well but I don't agree entirely
with the premise that you can just reprint a digital negative as
necessary when the original one is damaged. You can certainly reprint
the negative but I have my doubts that five years from now you would
be able to reprint a negative that will give you an at an exact or
very close duplicate of an existing print. The negative could be
precisely duplicated so long as you continue to use the exact
equipment (monitor, printer, media) used for the original but
changing any of these components, especially the printer, would make
it virtually impossible to exactly duplicate the original negative.

Sandy King