Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/01/03-05:53:26 AM Z

> I also think perhaps the nature of the digital negative (on/off vs.
> continuous tone) impacts the results Chris reports.

FWIW, diginegs in pt/pd behave very differently during printing than
in-camera negs. The control of contrast through restrainers in either
the sensitizer or the developer seems to allow a lot less fine control
when using diginegs. I suspect that the reason for this is, as Judy
stated, the fact that a dot is either 'on' or 'off' in these negs. It
takes one helluva lot of restrainer to make a big change in the
contrast of the resulting print.

Clay