Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/01/03-11:28:48 AM Z

On Dec 1, 2003, at 10:02 AM, Sandy King wrote:

> What kind of digital negatives are you using, service bureau or
> inkjet?

I have been primarily using service bureau stochastically screened
negs. I have just not been able to get a epson 1270 neg yet that really
looks as sharp as I would like. This is is probably operator error, but
for whatever reason, the service bureau negs just seem to give me more
of the photographic 'bite' that I want.

> I have definitely found that service bureau negatives, half tone ones
> at least, allow very little control of contrast in printing.

This has definitely been my experience.

> . My impression is that most of the people on this list talking about
> printing with digital negatives are using digital inkjet negatives.

Hmm. That probably is true. Anyone want to share some tips on making
these inkjet negs really sharp?

Clay