Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 12/01/03-03:46:43 PM Z

 Sandy King wrote

> So the question remains, why do Sam's gum, which use such a low
> percentage of dichromate (about 3%) in the coating, print with so
> much speed, while others need saturated solutions of 10X the amount
> of dichromate. I could be wrong but I think there is really some
> dramatic difference in technic rather than an accumulation of little
> differences.

The one big variable I haven't heard mentioned in this discussion is that
Sam is printing on unsized paper so his gum has a far greater grip on the
paper than a print on sized paper would have. Are those of you who have been
trying to use a weaker sensitizer done it one sized or unsized paper? I can
imagine that there may be more need for stronger bichromate on sized paper.

Jack