Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/02/03-07:31:17 AM Z

Kerik wrote:

> Sandy,
>
> I don't know why Sam's gum prints with so much speed. And, in fact, I
> don't really care. For me, speed of the dichromate solution is irrelevent
> to my process since my exposures are rarely more than a few minutes
> anyway. I think Sam's solutions work so well for him because his
> negatives are quite low in contrast and match the high contrast gum
> solution that results from very low dichromate concentrations.

Well put.

BTW Kerik, I didn't mean to offend or amuse anyone by referring to the
"Melvin group" that's just the way I think of gum printers, as divided
into schools by the way they approach gum printing. There's the Livick
school, and there's the Melvin school, and there's Terry King and the
gloy printers, and there's the Post-Factory folks, and then there's all
the rest of us oddballs that belong to schools of one.
kt