Re: Gum on Azo?

From: Silver Plated ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 12/02/03-04:17:24 PM Z

Dear Swami,

AZO is a single weight paper and would probably be difficult to work with as a substrate for gum. Also the dried print would need to be flattened in a dry mount press before coating with gum and each additional gum coat would probably require re-flattening sice the paper is so thin and prone to curl.

If you are printing 8x10 negatives you will need to purchase larger sheets in 8x10 to coat gum on. The next size up from 8x10 these days in AZO is 20x24 if I remember correctly.

So you may want to consider another silver gelatin paper or perhaps Centennial POP for their heavier weight paper base.

Don Bryant