Re: Lith film and base density

From: Michael Healy ^lt;emjayhealy@earthlink.net>
Date: 12/05/03-07:32:13 PM Z

Tom, I'm using Kodak CPG that's 14x23, and I **think** these are half sheets. I could be wrong. If you're interested, I can dig up websites I used.

Apart from that, I think your problem is probably developer, not film. When I started using this stuff earlier this year, I was developing with a recipe from Anchell & Troop's Chefbook du Film. The fog was just unbelievable. Varying the developer has changed that. Of course, I haven't used the Freestyle stuff (I'm interested now...!); but this convinces me that film itself probably is not your issue, it's your developer.

If you're interested, I can email you some images. Some are too big for my scanner (7x17), but I have a bunch of 4x5's and I'm now shooting 8x10's with this stuff. I'm thinking about making a camera that would just accommodate the entire 14x23 sheet. Arizona landscapes, of course.

Mike Healy