Was Kodak now Surplus Machines

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 12/06/03-10:32:02 PM Z

        It is just a hunch ...
       Over the years I have purchased many surplus instruments , equipment and machines that belonged to Kodak thru a industrial liquidation outlet in Cleveland, Ohio named McKean Machine and another HGR Sales.. ...They both have since lost the account and no longer sell Kodak equipment ( they were working on a consignment basis and were selling the equipment so cheap that it would not cover freight...) . ... The word was that Kodak now liquidates there own excess machinery in Rochester , NY. The hunch is that if Kodak has moved into a new building with new equipment, I imagine there will be a huge amount of coating equipment on the market in short order... I imagine you would have to contact Kodak for details.
      Kodak has a lot of interesting stuff and not just photo junk.. You will find everything under the sun in their liquidations.. Machine tools, testing instrumentation, raw materials, space stuff... ect... One of my last purchases from them was a incredible collection of large telescope lens blanks 24 to 40 inches in" diameter"( not focal length..) !
John Cremati