Re: Cyanotypes on glass

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 12/06/03-10:54:04 AM Z

lith film shot and processed for continuous tone has an ASA of 1 to ~12
depending upon the developer used. I use it in pinhole cameras, my
shutter is a piece of black electrical tape :)

Gord

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Timo Sund wrote:

> > I recommend that you use lithographic film inside your field camera and
> > contact copy it to cyanotype.
>
> I got that suggestion somewhere else too. Might give it a try. I might need
> shutter for my camera first.
>
> Yesterday sun shined about 2h and I had no time to set my camera :-(
>
> Now I'm testing coating metalplates with tar. Coated plate easily but it
> takes very long time to harden. And fumes are strong but pleasant.
>
> > You will turn rich in no time!
>
> Rich by honest working? Not never! (in)famous maybe but rich. I doubt.
>
> > But that will not be satisfactory for your masochism, I am afraid!
>
> might be close enough... perhaps?
>
> > Anyway - good luck!
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> Timo Sund
> Kiihtelysvaara, Finland
> ---

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2