RE: NA2 For Pt/Pd BLENDS

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 12/07/03-11:52:30 AM Z

Eric,

I am not advocating any specific kind of approach. The use of
platinic acid sounds like a good way to control contrast for those
who really want to work with traditional PT/PD blends.

I could personally care less whether one calls a print made with
palladium and a tiny bit of Na2 a palladium print or PT/PD. However,
I don't see that a print made from a 1:3 blend of PT/PD has any more
right to the name PT/PD than a print made from pure palladium to
which a little Na2 has been added. Ultimately they are both made from
blends, the only difference being the ratio. And the fact of the
matter is that a very little bit of Na2 has a much bigger impact on
the contrast of a palladium print than you could get with a PT/PD
blend of 1:3, or even 1:1 for that matter.

Sandy