RE: NA2 For Pt/Pd BLENDS

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 12/08/03-06:22:52 PM Z

[Eric Neilsen]
Sandy, It should also work for those that wish to use only PD.

> I could personally care less whether one calls a print made with
> palladium and a tiny bit of Na2 a palladium print or PT/PD. However,
> I don't see that a print made from a 1:3 blend of PT/PD has any more
> right to the name PT/PD than a print made from pure palladium to
> which a little Na2 has been added.
[Eric Neilsen]
Here I would disagree with you. Several drops is a whole different deal than
1:3 or 1:1.

 Ultimately they are both made from
> blends, the only difference being the ratio. And the fact of the
> matter is that a very little bit of Na2 has a much bigger impact on
> the contrast of a palladium print than you could get with a PT/PD
> blend of 1:3, or even 1:1 for that matter.
[Eric Neilsen]
Here I would suggest that you also look into the ammonium based PT. It is
true that neither has the effect that a contrast control agent such as Na2.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226