Re: Lith film and base density

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/08/03-11:46:06 AM Z

From: Tom Ferguson <tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Lith film and base density
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:48:38 -0800

> Does Benz age (in liquid form)? I have some Zone VI Benz that must be
> at least 10 years old. Time for fresh, or is that safe to start testing
> with?

I kept 1% benzotriazole solution (in methanol) for a year or so in a
container not particularly air tight but the solution is still
good. Benzotriazole is not a reductant so aerial oxidation is not a
problem. Alhough I certainly don't encourage anyone to keep stock
solution that long, if you don't have any more fresh stock at hand,
I'd try it to see if it's still good before discarding it.

I keep 10% KBr and 1% benzotriazole in amber glass bottles with
push-down liquid dispensers similar to ones seen on hand soap or some
shampoo bottles. Mine dispense 2.0ml per one full stroke, and this is
VERY convenient when I want to make adjustment on the
fly... particularly during lith printing.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)