Re: spots and fish eyes

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/08/03-07:17:45 AM Z

Chris,
If Ed's not available I'll be glad to throw this up on my website so
people can see what you're talking about, with these black spots. It
could be several things, but it depends what size the spots are, and
what they look like; it's difficult to diagnose without seeing them.

 If the fish eyes are what I'm picturing, where the emulsion opens up
holes as it's being brushed on, I'm totally with Jack on the cause: the
surface is not accepting the emulsion, and in my experience the most
likely cause for that is that the sizing is too thick or too slick. If
the sizing fills the tooth of the paper, then there's nothing for the
emulsion to hang onto. I like Jack's idea of Scotch-brite; I've used
sandpaper for the same purpose.
kt