PAPER NEG was Re: CGP was Re: Big neg (was: Cyanotypes on glass)

From: Sam Wang ^lt;stwang1@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/09/03-09:09:34 AM Z

Hi Galina,

Paper negatives are not so great for on-the-road pinhole, but it should be no more hassle
than lith film. The extra density would not be welcome for contact printing, but if you do
digital negatives off them anyway then all is fine.

The trick to get rid of the paper texture is simple. No peeling off anything required. Just
give a small amount of white light exposure through the back of the paper first, before
you use it in the camera. The right amount of exposure will add just the density needed to
make the texture disappear when viewed on a light table. A little testing will be needed to
determine the right amount of such "flash" exposure.

Properly treated, such paper can be used immediately or months later, just like film.

Need a companion to tour the west coast of Norway? Wish I could!

Best,
Sam Wang