Re: Lith film

From: Timo Sund ^lt;kyyhky@saunalahti.fi>
Date: 12/11/03-05:47:25 AM Z

Viestissä Torstai 11. Joulukuuta 2003 11:34, kirjoitit:
> The lith film users do not need the whole haltone range, they compress
> their original neg values and they print high contrast images because this
> is what they want. - The lith film users do not print in pure Palladiotype
> or Platinotype. Either they add contrast agents to their sensitiser or they
> choose more contrasty processes like cyanotype to suit their lith film
> curve.

Bingo! I think it's all about the look You require of finished print. If I
want sharp end endeless tones I use modern equipment or even go to digital.
Or hire pro to take pics.

If I want to do something totally different I use "historical methods"

This is only my opinion and personal taste - this might be again my version
of masochism? ;-p

--
Timo Sund
Kiihtelysvaara, Finland