Re: Re: Lith film

From: Sam Wang ^lt;stwang1@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/11/03-05:05:17 PM Z

Mark,

Pardon me, but if the Epson driver converts the 16 bit file to 8 bit on the fly, the result is certainly
different.

I just showed Sandy my tests and he can vouch for me: I created a gradiant in 2 separate files, one
8 bit and the other 16. Then I made the same curve adjustments on both and printed them on
Pictorico with same settings. The 8 bit file showed posterization while the 16 bit file did not - it's
smooth.

So there is a definite advantage of using 16 bit throughout.

Sam Wang
PS: Mark, you know how long I waited to be able to find something worth saying that you don't
already know!?