Re: Lith film

From: Dave S ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 12/11/03-06:36:22 PM Z

We might be confusing density range with exposure range again. It is too
easy to get a density range of 3.2 or higher for lith film that it is
considered so problematic that low-contrast developers have to be developed.
The problem is usually not low density range but low exposure range, that
is, with normal developer, the steps that you can separate on lith film is
quite low (probably just around 1.0 or about 7 steps using "normal"
developer or diluted paper developer).

The key is to use super-low contrast developer for the interpositive and
then you can use stronger or strong developer for the final negative if you
need high density range for the final negative.

Dave S

P.S.: Hi all. I will eventually cancel my AOL account and my old email
address fotodave@aol.com, so please use this new address for correspondence.
Thanks.