Genius Film, was Lith Film

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 12/11/03-06:51:25 PM Z

Since there has been a lot of messages about lith film here today I thought
I would ask about the "Genius Film" product from Free Style.

It was described in the Freestyle catalog I picked up at APIS as the perfect
replacement for Agfa's Gevatone N-31P. The Agfa film was a one step product
producing a continous tone negative directly from a con tone negative if I
recall correctly. Priced at about $2.50 per 8x10 sheet it seems quite
expensive, a German import.

Has anyone used this film? I assumed someone might have by now, I'm sure I'm
not the only person who took note of it in the catalog passed out at APIS.

As for APHS film, it can produce very good negatives although I usually use
more film than I would like making the final enlargement, since I don't have
a good densitometer to guide my development. The procedure outlined by
Stuart Melvin works quite well and so does Liam Lawless reversal method.

Don Bryant