Re: Re Platinum and velum:

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias ^lt;jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net>
Date: 12/13/03-08:07:00 PM Z

Stephen Harrison wrote:
> Jeffrey: You mentioned platinum. printing and lith film. What velum are
> you using for your translucent material. I remember your very nice
> velum platinum prints that were stunning. Who manufactures that brand of
> vellum and what points are you using. 2 point, five point??

I am still trying to understand your message, so please follow up if I
miss your inquiries.

If as to film:

For enlarged negatives I have used Kodak Commercial film 4127 for the
base film (not available in large sizes any more and perhaps not even in
4x5 or 8x10) and Kodalith for masks. This is explained in my e-guide
(link at bottom of message.)
I have tried substituting Kodak tri-X and got excellent results.
Although the larger sizes may be hard to get or discontinued. I am sure
some of the large films similar to tri-X such as Berger could be used.

I have tried the Kodak Duraclear material with tray development and am
convinced that a machine should be used.

If you mean the print substrate:

The translucent vellum to which you refer seeing my prints on might be
one of two materials. If paper, it would likely be Hunt Paper Company's
Bienfang 360 Marker Layout Paper. The other possible material is
actually a very fine cotton fabric called Seaisle available from
Stylecrest (located in NY city and Atlanta and perhaps elsewhere).

I have no idea what you mean by 2 point or 5 point.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/