RE: Lith film

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/14/03-09:03:25 PM Z

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 mmatusz@pdq.net wrote:

> Judy
> I have not seen such animation on the list since... indigo. I was not
> suggesting sloppy development, rather an artifact of the bleaching bath.

That wasn't actually the "insult" I had in mind, so that makes two --
Yikes ! I meant the suggestion that we hadn't thought of tray pattern,
which was in fact the first (easy) idea came to mind.

But a propos, I found certain trays (the kind with fat spokes radiating
from center) could NOT be used for ANY kind of toning, or bleach &
redevelop, as they nearly always marked film or paper. I finally managed
to get I think the make was Premier, in large sizes -- they have negative
ribs, or grooves, which don't seem to leave marks as readily. (Plating-out
toning gets marks from breathing on it.)

Meanwhile, the reversal stripes were a couple of years ago... Maybe they
corrected the fault since then?

Judy