Re: Size matters?

From: David Barker ^lt;dbarker_ca@yahoo.com>
Date: 12/19/03-02:43:42 PM Z

Matt,

do you float the paper to salt it? In my experience,
mottling has come from the size/salt being on the back
side of the paper or having gone through the paper.
This happened when I dunked the paper and sometimes
when I brushed on the size. I always float to size
now and my prints are pretty consistent.

On the other hand I do have had days where, for who
knows what reason, my prints came out looking
uniformly bad.

David Barker

PS. do both papers have the same surface - i.e. hot
press/cold?