Size matters?

From: Matt Baily ^lt;MattyBaily@netscape.net>
Date: 12/19/03-02:10:42 PM Z

Hello everyone,
I have recently been making salt prints(one of the formulae from the
Liam Lawless artical in post-factory) on 210gsm fabriano 5. They were
coming out pretty nice; really good resolution and contrast. Getting to
the point, I heard that fabriano 5 has stopped production, so I panic
bought 50 sheets. I bought the 300gsm, but before I had been using
210gsm. I made a print on paper from the new pack and to my dismay it
was mottled, weak, low contrast and with poor resolution. I conclude
that there must be less or uneven sizing in this heavier paper. Does
anybody have any suggestions what would caused this change? Do you think
a few dunks in the gelatin size and a hardening with formalin in between
will cure this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt