film scanners and holders...new question

From: Jrtaylorphoto@aol.com
Date: 12/22/03-09:57:44 PM Z

I have a Polaroid SprintScan 4000 and, just recently, on my slide holder, the
plastic tab that holds a slide snug in the #1 slot fatigued off; I have not
found a way to scan slides in any of the other positions using SilverFast Ai 5
software. So now I use the Polaroid software (PolaColor Insight) for scanning
mounted slides. It has the option to scan any of the 4 spaces on the slide
holder. Polacolor does a good job, but I tend to like silverFast Ai a bit
better. Anyone else have this hardware/software set-up and know if I am just
missing some secret to SilverFast Ai 5 that would allow me to scan the other slots
.... so I can use SF without buying a new slide holder? :-)

Thanks. Judy T.

J. Rowe Taylor
jrtaylorphoto@aol.com